Investigators still have a lot of questions Tuesday about a fire that injured two women.
The fire broke out Monday afternoon at the Buhl Apartments on Sixth Street in Williamsburg, in Whitley County.
Firefighters believe a burned out mattress in a stairwell may have sparked the fire.
Kentucky State Police say they have a detective and an arson investigator looking into the fire.
The fire left five families homeless and injured two people.
One of those women, Linda Bock, is now in critical condition at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville.
Witnesses say it was a horrifying scene when Bock jumped out of her second floor window, with smoke coming off her body.
Neighbors say Bock was a very quiet women who lived by herself and did not venture outside very often.
Some of the people who live at the building think the fire could be arson.
One resident says the Red Cross is providing financial assistance for people displaced by the fire.