Couple & infant critically burned in fire

A couple and an infant are struggling to survive after a neighbor pulled them out of a burning home.

Five people were in the Harlan County home when it caught fire Sunday afternoon.

A neighbor, Michael Prophit, rushed into the burning home and says he tried to follow the woman's voice. When he saw Jamie and Haley Johnson suffering from burns, he says it started to sink in what was happening. "Her hair was all burnt. She was going into shock, I thought I was going to throw up. I thought they were going to die on the ground. I never witnessed something like that' said Prophit.

Police say they have no reason to believe the fire is suspicious. All three burn victims are reported in critical condition.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus