Child burned after falling into hot coals at playground

A fun afternoon at the park turned dangerous after a child fell into hot coals at a playground.

It happened Sunday afternoon at Levi Jackson State Park in London.

Two-year-old Kaleb Carnes had to go the hospital where he was treated fro second degree burns.

His family says he fell into a pile of hot charcoal someone had dumped on the playground.

The park manager says he wants people to know the importance of grilling safety and says people should make sure their ashes are cool and properly disposed of when the bring a grill to the park.

He says there are no grills near the playground and whoever dumped the coals must have brought their own.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus