Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Breathitt, Estill, Floyd, Johnson, Lee, Magoffin, Morgan and Powell County in KY until 4:15pm EDT.
If you are headed out to the polls during the morning hours grab a heavy coat because temperatures will be in the 20s & 30s! The afternoon will become nicer as highs today reach the lower 50s. About 95% of us will stay dry heading out to the polls and the other 5% can expect an isolated shower mainly for the extreme northern and extreme southern zones. Toward the end of the polls closing showers will develop moving from north to south through the night. They will linger around for our Wednesday, which will keep our temperatures well below average. Highs on Wednesday will stay in the mid 40s. With the cold temperatures and a few showers around during the morning a few of us could see some snowflakes mixed in, but not expecting any accumulation.
Meteorologist Micah Harris