LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A fast food restaurant near the UK campus was forced to close, because of a chemical spill.
It happened around 3:30 Friday morning at the McDonald's on South Limestone.
Investigators say employees got a call from someone they thought was the company that monitors their fire suppression system.
The caller instructed them to test the system. When they did, the chemical spilled onto the restaurant floor.
Fire officials say they're looking into whether the phone call was a prank.
The restaurant was forced to close for several hours.
The health department was notified. They tell WKYT the chemical that was released is not toxic.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.