LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A fast food restaurant near the UK campus was forced to close, because of a chemical spill.
It happened around 3:30 Friday morning at the McDonald's on South Limestone.
Investigators say employees got a call from someone they thought was the company that monitors their fire suppression system.
The caller instructed them to test the system. When they did, the chemical spilled onto the restaurant floor.
Fire officials say they're looking into whether the phone call was a prank.
The restaurant was forced to close for several hours.
The health department was notified. They tell WKYT the chemical that was released is not toxic.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply