Couple forced from apartment after fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Fire at a Lexington apartment complex has forced several people from their home.

The fire happened early Wednesday morning at the Enclave Apartments on Rapid Run Drive, off Man O'War.

Investigators say the fire appears to have started after an electrical short near a water heater in a downstairs unit.

The fire spread to the deck of a second floor apartment, where neighbors say they saw large flames and called police.

Firefighters had to tear down several walls in the first floor apartment. Two people in that unit were forced out.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus