As part of WKYT’s commitment to protect you and your family, WKYT’s Neighborhood Crime Tracker lets you know where and when crime is happening.
“Chances are you or someone you know has been a victim of crime,” says WKYT’s Office Don Evans. “One way to fight back is to know who and where criminals are targeting.”
• On Monday, neighbors spent the morning cleaning up after vandals hit overnight in the Woodhill area. They spray painted a home and cars on Wood Ridge Drive and Bay Meadows Drive.
• In the past several days, several burglaries have been reported to police. The areas hit include a home on the 1800 block of Marietta Drive; the 2400 block of Marahill; the 600 block of Headley Avenue; the 300 block of Eagle Creek Drive; the 2900 block of Neal Drive where the suspect broke in through a bathroom window; and on the 200 block of Driscoll Street where someone broke into a home and stole a shot gun.
• Thieves struck in the Copperfield subdivision on the southside on Saturday. According to WKYT’s Officer Don, they broke into cars on Copper Creek, Copper Run, and Calevares.
• Just since last Thursday, Lexington Police received numerous calls of stolen cars. Some of the places thieves targeted are the 1700 block of Brewer; the 400 block of Redding Road; and the 1300 block of Pridemore Court.
• Car thefts are on the rise. In January, Lexington Police saw 46 cases. The number has steadily increased to 98 in the month of June, which is the most of any month so far this year.
If you have a problem of crime in your area, WKYT’s Officer Don at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply