Dog credited with saving couple from Lexington house fire

FAYETTE-SCOTT COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) A dog's owners say his quick actions during a fire may have saved their lives.

Around 3 a.m. Friday, Scott County firefighters were in the area of Lisle Road on the Scott-Fayette County line for a potential gas leak. Scott County dispatch alerted the firefighters already there that there was a possible structure fire a street over.

When they got there, they found smoke pouring out of the home.

The woman living there had already made it out--thanks to a dog named Bear, who woke her and a man living there up when the fire started. The man had to be helped out, but both are safe.

Unfortunately, three other dogs didn't make it out of the home. The man living there said he doesn't know why, but he picked Bear specially out of a litter of 13 puppies.