WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Electric panel catches fire on Lexington building

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -- It was an alarm inside that quickly alerted firefighters of a fire outside of a building on Monarch Street.

Lexington firefighters say the fire started after an electrical panel caught fire, but that there was no severe damage and they were able to put it out with just a fire extinguisher.

Firefighters say the situation is unusual.

"Its unusual, usually its a call for smoke inside the building usually from a heater or some other device inside, but this time the alarm inside went off when the fire was outside," said Major Mark Samuelson.

Samuelson says KU came and secured the power to the building and that two floors still have power.

There was no one inside the building at the time of the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191612171