TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) - The Food and Drug Administration reports at least 89 people have reported getting sick after eating Chobani Greek yogurt manufactured in Twin Falls, Idaho.
FDA spokeswoman Tamara Ward told The Times-News (http://bit.ly/17nnX7P) on Monday that some have described nausea and cramps.
No link has been confirmed between the illnesses and the yogurt. However, Ward says the FDA is working with Chobani to hasten its voluntary recall.
Chobani last week told grocery stores to destroy 35 varieties of yogurt reported to have been contaminated by a mold associated with dairy products. The affected yogurt cups have the code 16-012 and expiration dates between Sept. 11 and Oct. 7.
Health officials have said the yogurt is not a public health threat, but the company said last week the "mold can act as an opportunistic pathogen for those with compromised immune systems."
Information from: The Times-News, http://www.magicvalley.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)