Fire causes damage to Lexington home

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -- Firefighters think a cigarette caused a fire that damaged a Lexington home.

Firefighters were called to a home on Butternut Hill Court, off Codell Drive, around 7:30 Tuesday night.

They say the man who lives there thought he had put out a cigarette before placing it on a couch, but that sparked the fire.

Firefighters put out the fire quickly, but they say the home has smoke and water damage. No one was injured.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus