RICHMOND, Ky. (WKYT) - A fire destroyed the home of a Richmond firefighter and his family on Tuesday. It happened on McIntosh Drive in Madison County. Firefighters say someone was working on a car near a garage when it sparked, causing the fire. The firefighter's family tells us the home was destroyed.
It's their first home and he was real proud and happy of it," says Richard Jimenez, the victim's father. "And he spent a lot of money taking care of it and working two or three jobs. And to lose it all in a minute, just like that."
Firefighters say no one was injured in the fire.