GEORGETOWN, Ky. (WKYT) - Firefighters were at Georgetown Community Hospital for about two hours Monday afternoon cleaning up after a chemical spill.
They say a little after 1:00 this afternoon, workers in one of the hospital labs spilled some chemicals containing formaldehyde. They say there were six workers in that lab at the time. They say those workers were overcome by fumes. Some complaining of burning eyes or breathing problems. HazMat workers went into the lab to get things cleaned up. Those workers were treated at the scene and firefighters say they'll be fine.
A hospital official said the hospital operated normally throughout the incident. They say no rooms besides the lab were affected.