Snow line is beginning to crash into parts of central Kentucky. The rate of snow will pick-up this evening and into the overnight. Some of these snow bands could produce 1"-2" per hour at times.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Families who need help heating their homes this winter can begin applying for assistance Tuesday.
The Community Action Council will be taking applications for the low income home energy assistance program, or LIHEAP.
The program is beginning later than usual this year because of the government shutdown.
The Community Action Council helps people in Fayette, Bourbon, Harrison and Nicholas Counties.
Applicants must bring the following to apply:
1. Social Security card or Permanent Resident Card (if you have one).
2. Proof of income for the previous month for all adults 18 and older in the household.
3. Most recent heating bill or verification from a landlord that heating expenses are included in rent.
4. Birth dates of all household members.
Applications are taken at all of the following Community Action Council locations between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday:
913 Georgetown St., Lexington (859) 244-2215
1169 Winburn Dr., Lexington (859) 294-5249
1902 Cambridge Dr., Lexington (859) 246-1192
520 Toner St., Lexington (859) 554-4350
1317 Centre Pkwy., Lexington (859) 273-6395
540 East 3rd St., Lexington (859) 246-0220
1414 South Main St., Paris (859) 987-5277
216 Old Lair Rd., Cynthiana (859) 234-2121
149 Scrub Grass Rd., Carlisle (859) 289-7172
For more information on energy assistance programs, please contact Community Action Council in:
• Lexington, (859) 233-4600
• Paris, (859) 987-5277
• Cynthiana, (859) 234-2121
• Carlisle, (859) 289-7172