Hazmat scare in Laurel County

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - Emergency crews in Laurel County say an allergic reaction may have been to blame for a hazmat scare.

A student at the London campus of the Somerset Community College had to be treated by paramedics after having an allergic reaction.

The reaction came after she opened a padded envelope and the lining came out.

That led to emergency crews responding, including homeland security.

At least 30 people were temporarily quarantined while those crews tested the material in that envelope.

No one was injured in this scare.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus