Home with ties to outlaw Jesse James burns

By  | 

A home listed on the Kentucky Historical Society registry suffered damage on Thursday morning in a fire.

Scott County fire crews were called to a home on Locust Fork Road in Stamping Ground around 12:30a.m. Investigators say the fire started inside a chimney, connected to a wood burning stove.

"My dad bought this place ten years ago because of the connection to Jesse James," explains homeowner James Barber, "there are a lot of historic documents in there that I was nervous would get damaged."

The home is registered with the Kentucky Historical Society as being the place where the parents of American outlaw Jesse James were married.

Jesse James is one of the most famous American outlaws and his ties to central Kentucky.

"Thankfully not too many things were damaged and that a lot of the pictures that we have were saved."

The four people who lived in the home were not injured.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus