Kentucky Local News, Weather, Sports | Lexington, KY | WKYT

Fire from unattended stove destroys Lexington kitchen

Lexington firefighters tell us a woman was cooking breakfast Saturday morning when she walked out of the room, and back into the kitchen, to find it on fire.

They responded to the call Saturday morning about a kitchen fire at an apartment on Snow Drive.

They say the woman was cooking bacon, left the room, and came back to flames.

They were able to get the fire under control.

They say there is some smoke damage in other adjacent apartments.

"I think the message we want to send out to everybody is never leave cooking unattended," said Brian Dawson, Lexington Fire Captain.

Thankfully, no one was injured in the fire


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265071041 - wkyt.com/a?a=265071041
Gray Television, Inc.