Lexington Walmart evacuated due to gas leak

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - People in a Lexington Walmart got a scare Thursday morning when they had to be evacuated due to a gas leak.

The Lexington Fire Department were called out to the Walmart on Nicholasville Road after someone operating a fork lift hit a heating unit, causing it to fall to the floor.

An exhaust pipe attached to the unit then started pushing out gas.

Fire officials evacuated the store while repairs were made to the unit.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus