Very slow moving showers and thunderstorms will move into our area overnight and Sunday. The potential for flooding will be heightened in southern and eastern Kentucky.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A Lexington restaurant owner who was seriously injured in his kitchen received more help Saturday night. More than three weeks ago, Mamadou Savane burned half of his body in a cooking accident. He owns Sav's Grill on South Limestone.
There have been several fundraisers since his accident. The most recent was on Saturday night.
Willie's Locally Known hosted the event. They provided African music and African food, in honor of the African restaurant owner, Sav.
"The community is doing a great thing and we are very appreciative," said Bangaly Savane, Sav's son.
Sav was expecting to be at the event, but his condition worsened and he couldn't make it.
"We almost had another hospital trip because he wasn't feeling very good the other day. He's coming along and it's a day by day type thing," said Savane.
Donations were collected by staff.
A Feast of Love 4 Sav, the organization leading the fundraising effort, hopes to raise $100,000 for his family.