Lexington woman hospitalized with burns after fire

MGN Online

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -- A woman is in the hospital with serious injuries after a fire at her home.

The fire happened on Bradford Drive around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. Lexington firefighters say the woman was smoking in bed while on oxygen. They say the oxygen had seeped into her clothes and caught fire when she lit her cigarette.

She was taken to UK Hospital with burns to her face and chest. Firefighters say her injuries aren't life threatening.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus