Lexington woman hospitalized with burns after fire

A woman is in the hospital with serious injuries after a fire at her home.

MGN Online

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -- A woman is in the hospital with serious injuries after a fire at her home.

The fire happened on Bradford Drive around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. Lexington firefighters say the woman was smoking in bed while on oxygen. They say the oxygen had seeped into her clothes and caught fire when she lit her cigarette.

She was taken to UK Hospital with burns to her face and chest. Firefighters say her injuries aren't life threatening.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238375951 - wkyt.com/a?a=238375951
Gray Television, Inc.