Lightning blamed for fire at Clay County business

MANCHESTER, Ky. (WKYT) - The weather is being blamed for a large fire at a Clay County business.

The fire started around 11:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Clay County Building Supply in Manchester.

Firefighters believe the fire started when lightning struck a large propane tank in the front of the building, the fire quickly spread to the building.

The tank was holding more than 34,000 gallons of propane and officials say several other empty tanks were lying beside it, making the area dangerous for crews and those who live nearby.

No injuries are reported from the fire.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus