A quick-thinking neighbor is getting some major credit from fire crews after he helped put out a duplex fire with a garden hose.
The fire started on the back side of the building on Aqueduct Drive, just off Alumni Drive, near New Circle.
We spoke with Adam Sumner, who spotted the fire, saying he hopes someone would jump in and do the same for him.
"My wife and I were driving home from the store, she saw a lot of smoke, so I ran out back. We saw the corner was on fire. I started yelling 'the house is on fire! The house is on fire!'"
That's when Sumner jumped into action, quickly calling 911 while trying to save the duplex several doors down from his own.
"Grabbed a hose and fed it up on the porch and was spraying until the fire department got there."
When crews arrived, the fire had spread upwards into the attic of one side of the duplex, causing a lot of damage to the roof.
Lexington fire fighters tell us they do not believe anyone will be able to live in the house for awhile.
Firefighters say nobody was home in the unit where the fire started, and the folks next door had already gotten out.
Firefighters tell us they believe a flower pot the family used as an ash tray caused the fire.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply