LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - The kitchen at Sav's Grill is up and running once again after being closed for three days.
The owner of the restaurant, Mamadou Savane, was badly burned two weeks ago after an accident in the kitchen. Ever since, the community has flooded the restaurant with support. The support was so overwhelming that they ran out of food, a first in it's six year history.
"I can continue to thank the community. Their support has been overwhelmingly wonderful. We are really happy for all the people that showed up to the restaurant, fundraiser, and who have donated," said Bangaly Savane, the owner's son.
Bangaly Savane says his dad handled most of the cooking duties. While he's recovering, staff are tying to make sure the food tastes the same.
"Prayers are with him," said Rashad Majeed, a customer at Sav's, "and I hope our dollars are with him too. "
The owner is still in pain, but is at home in recovery.
The restaurant will have reduced hours for the next couple of weeks. They'll be open from 11-5 Monday to Saturday, and be closed on Sundays