Two families displaced by Lexington apartment fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Fire investigators say a stove fire in the Larkin Apartments forced two families out of their apartment homes Saturday night.

Fire crews say the kitchen fire started in a second story apartment about 11 p.m. and then ran up the wall into an apartment on the third floor.

Fire crews stayed at the apartment complex on Larkin Road through the night, making sure hot spots didn't flare up.

According to officials, people were inside when the fire started but everyone got out safely.

Fire crews say the displaced families are being taken care of by the property owner who moved them into another property.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 251776301 - wkyt.com/a?a=251776301
Gray Television, Inc.