Firefighters in Franklin County say two people went to the hospital following a house fire Monday morning.
It broke out on Cardwell Lane, south of Frankfort, before 5 a.m.
"Firefighters told me it started in the kitchen. By the time they got here the flames were shooting out the doors and windows," said Claude Birch, who lives next door to the home that burned.
When those emergency crews arrived the two people who had been inside, a woman and her grandson, were out of the home. EMS workers took them both to the hospital to be checked for smoke inhalation. He had a minor burn on his arm, but both are expected to be ok.
The names of the victims haven't been released.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply