LEXINGTON, Ky. ― In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community following the report of an attempted armed robbery.
Shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, UK Police received a delayed report regarding an attempted robbery that occurred outside the Kentucky Clinic Ambulance Entrance on Rose Street.
The victim, an adult male who is not a UK student, was approached by one unknown male subject.
The subject, who was reportedly intoxicated, displayed to the victim what is believed to be a chrome handgun and demanded the victim’s belongings.
After the victim stated that he did not have anything, the suspect fled the scene and was last seen by the victim running east, toward Huguelet Drive.
The suspect is described as a black male in his early 20s, medium build, approximately 5’9” tall, 180 lbs., clean shaven, with short, wavy hair, wearing a blue UK basketball jersey with no shirt underneath, black athletic shorts, and blue and gray retro basketball shoes.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
• If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
• Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
• Do not travel alone after dark; walk with a friend or with a group.
• Whenever possible, look out for your friends when you go out together; walk together and make sure that everyone gets home safely.
• Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service during the fall and spring semesters by calling (859) 257-SAFE(7233).
• Park in well-lit areas when possible.
• Turn over any requested items (purse, wallet, etc.).
• Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.