Lexington firefighters and police are investigating what happened before a woman was severely burned Thursday morning.
Police told WKYT it appeared the woman fell asleep while holding a lit cigarette inside a pickup truck.
It happened outside a home that was under construction on Blackford Parkway, off Man o' War Boulevard, near the Polo Club subdivision.
Construction workers used water to try to get the fire out, according to police.
"Her husband and some construction workers pulled her out," said Lt. Mark Brand with Lexington Police.
"Doesn't appear to be anything more than an accident right now. Fire investigators came out to take a look at the scene, but we don't have anything right now to believe that it's anything more than just an accident." added Brand.
The woman was taken to UK Hospital, and we've been told flown to a hospital in Tennessee from there. Her name hasn't been released.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply