The forecast remains on track. Light snow and an icy mix will develop overnight and push into central and eastern Kentucky by Friday Morning.
The ground is frozen and road temps are below freezing, so whatever falls is going to stick. The timing of the arrival of the snow and ice is right around the morning commute in Lexington.
A Winter Weather Advisory is now out for much of central and eastern Kentucky late tonight into Friday. Here is what to expect:
- An area of low pressure will develop to our southwest tonight and roll eastward across the Tennessee Valley. This will cause light snow and an icy mix to develop across western and southern Kentucky tonight. That will quickly overspread the state Friday morning.
- This is a pretty fast moving system that will push through here on Friday. Much of the main swath of snow and mix will be out of the state by late afternoon.
- We have a frozen ground and that means this will have a fairly high impact on area roads.
- Southern parts of the state have me a bit concerned because of the freezing rain and sleet threat. It could get pretty icy in some areas.
- Another arctic front will move through here Friday night and this will bring a round of snow showers and squalls into Saturday morning.
- Snow totals will range from 1"-3" for much of the region.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply