Students in West Liberty receive early Christmas presents
- Christmas came a week early for some students at an Eastern Kentucky school.
Conway calls for stiffer heroin penalties
- Kentucky's top prosecutor joined other law enforcement officials on Thursday to call for higher penalties for heroin dealers and better treatment options for overdose victims.
Coroner: Lexington shooting victim dies
- Lexington police say one man was seriously injured after a shooting Thursday morning on Augusta Court.
Police search for suspect after armed robbery at Lexington store
- Police are searching for a suspect after an armed robbery at a Lexington store.
Lexington man sentenced for infant son's death
- A Lexington man, who admitted to causing his young son's death, learned his punishment Thursday afternoon in court.
WKYT Investigates: The cost of shoplifting
- University of Kentucky Professor Chris Bollinger said the average individual loses about $400 a year because of shoplifters. It’s not something that you would immediately notice, but it is an expense that you absorb every day. Bollinger said it is best to think of shoplifting “kind of like a tax" that is shared by both the consumer and the producer.
Snow chances show up Christmas week
- The chances for light snow increase next week.
Time Warner Cable employee accused of sex crime in customer's home
- A Time Warner Cable employee is accused of exposing himself and then touching himself inappropriately when he was alone with a 7-year-old girl.
Kentucky unemployment rate drops to 6-year low
- Kentucky officials say the state's unemployment rate dropped to 6 percent in November, the lowest rate in more than six years.
TSA reports increase in number of guns, other prohibited items in airports
- The Transportation Security Administration has noticed an increase in the number of banned items coming to airport checkpoints, including firearms.
Suspect in London bank robbery arrested in Georgia
- A suspect has been arrested in connection to a robbery at a London bank on Wednesday.
WVU confirms Dawson to UK; Couch says UK QBs must adjust
- WVU has confirmed Shannon Dawson is leaving for UK. Tim Couch says whoever is calling plays for the Cats, the QBs will have to adjust.
Man accused of exposing himself in Walmart parking lot
- A man faces charges after police say he exposed himself to a child in a shopping center parking lot.
Court rules in cases involving police disciplinary action
- The Kentucky Supreme Court says a state law setting out procedural rights for police officers accused of misconduct should apply whether the complaints are made by citizens or by police departments.
Lexington's 12 confirmed flu cases the highest in years
- Lexington health officials said on Thursday that there were 12 confirmed cases of the flu, which is higher normal for this time of year.
Study: Kentuckians misusing prescription drugs at lower rate
- Research published Wednesday by Ameritox, a medication monitoring company, indicates Kentucky made "modest improvements" in three main categories of concern in the last few years.
More WKYT Top Stories