Ford adding 2,000 jobs to make 2017 aluminum-body Super Duty
Posted: 5:12 AM
- Ford Motor Co. says it's adding 2,000 jobs and investing $1.3 billion at the Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville to build the new aluminum-body Super Duty truck.
Richmond community showing support for police
- It's been a very difficult month for Richmond Police after one of their own died in the line of duty. This week, people in the community are rallying around the officers.
No. 1 Kentucky beats Illinois State, 75-63
- The Cats are now 7-0 after the win in Rupp Arena Monday night.
Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey's 2015-16 winter forecast
- The cold has finally hit and WKYT’s Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey said to expect the unexpected when it comes to preparing for this year’s winter weather.
University of Kentucky covers controversial mural
- University of Kentucky officials have covered a mural that has been a point of contention for decades, and included a note to explain the decision.
Nearly half of US homes use cellphones only, shun landlines
Posted: 6:03 AM
- A government official says Americans are approaching a tipping point in their telephone use -- the day when cellphone-only users will outpace landline users.
Man charged in 2013 Danville triple murder testifies during hearing
- A man accused of killing three people in a Danville store took the stand as the judge heard arguments over evidence in the case.
WKYT Investigates: Addicted brain; why some people are more prone to drug abuse
- The University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy is helping pharmacists around the state learn how to dispense a drug meant to reverse an opioid overdose.
Clark County Sheriff's Office investigating after jogger was sexually attacked
- Deputies in Clark County are investigating, what they're calling a sexual attack.
Time Warner working to fix Internet outages in Kentucky, other states
- The company says a server went down in Ohio Monday night, causing the outage.
Richmond police arrest man wanted in two states
- Richmond police have arrested a man they say is wanted in Pennsylvania and Louisiana.
Cyber Monday means big business for Amazon
- Cyber Monday is here and for online retailer Amazon it's the busiest shopping day of the year.
Man found dead on river bank in Breathitt County
- At this point, investigators aren't sure what caused the man's death.
Cats win ugly without Ulis
- Kentucky took on a decent Illinois State team Monday night in Rupp Arena, minus the smallest guy on the roster, who might cast the biggest shadow in college basketball.
Police looking for home invasion suspects in Knox County
- Kentucky State Police are looking for two men they say forced their way into a Knox County home and tied up the homeowner.
Sen. Rand Paul files for Kentucky presidential caucus, re-election to senate
- U.S. Sen. Rand Paul says filing his candidacy for re-election and for president does not undermine his presidential campaign.
Man killed in two vehicle crash in Anderson County
- Kentucky State Police are investigating a two vehicle collision in Anderson County that killed one person and injured four others.
Man shot by police in Anderson County identified
- Kentucky State Police have released new information about an officer-involved shooting in Anderson County.
More WKYT Top Stories