Lexington couple carjacked at gunpoint
Posted: 6:36 AM
- Police are looking for two subjects who robbed and carjacked a couple at gunpoint this morning.
Gas station robbed in Whitley Co.
Updated: 8:17 AM
- Whitley County police are looking for a man who robbed a gas station off I-75's Exit 15.
Rowan Clerk Kim Davis refuses to issue marriage licenses; says she will ask U.S. Supreme Court to intervene
- A Kentucky clerk embroiled in a legal fight over the issuance of marriage licenses to same-sex couples says she will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to intervene.
Student killed in shooting at Savannah State University
Updated: 6:55 AM
- Authorities are investigating after a shooting at Savannah State University killed a student and prompted a lockdown at the Georgia school.
Burglar caught on video crashing into Mt. Sterling gun store, stealing two guns
- "Never underestimate a thief," the store's owner said. "I would have never thought of using the dumpster as a battering ram to get through the front door."
Austrian official: Death toll of migrants in truck over 70
Updated: 7:11 AM
- An Austrian interior ministry says the number of migrants found dead in a truck abandoned on a highway has now risen to more than 70.
Drone's crash-landing on Lexington's tallest building prompts concern
- A drone crash-landed on top of the Fifth Third building Saturday afternoon. Councilman Richard Moloney said he was more concerned about its proximity to the Blue Grass Airport, which is about 6 miles away from downtown.
Micah Harris' Forecast: Changes into your weekend
Posted: 5:37 AM
- Pleasant conditions for your Friday, but changes move in as we head into your weekend.
Goodyear retiring blimps, rolling out new cigar-shaped craft
Posted: 7:38 AM
- The fabled Goodyear Blimp is retiring.
Lexington mother, others want to raise awareness for heroin
- Seth Wasilkowski, 19, was taking heroin. Wasilkowski died Dec. 3rd, 2014. He was one of the 108 overdose death last year in Fayette County. This year's numbers aren't trending any better. As of mid-July, there have been 82 overdose deaths in Fayette County.
The annual pumpkin spice onslaught is here
- Here's your forecast for fall: cooler, with a 100 percent chance of pumpkin spice.
Harlan County teenager charged in the shooting death of his grandfather
- A 14-year-old eastern Kentucky boy faces charges, for the shooting death of his grandfather.
Vigil held for TV news crew killed in shooting
Updated: 5:04 AM
- Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring joined several hundred Roanoke-area residents Thursday night at a candlelight vigil outside television station WDBJ to remember station employees Alison Parker and Adam Ward.
Clay County woman's husband, ex-husband shoot each other
- Police are investigating after a woman's husband and ex-husband were involved in a shooting at her home in Clay County.
Hardwood molding company creating 90 jobs in Somerset
Posted: 5:37 AM
- A hardwood molding company is expanding to Somerset, creating 90 jobs with a $2.6 million investment.
Beshear to direct flags at half-staff for Lexington airman killed in Afghanistan
- The Department of Defense confirms that Capt. Matthew D. Roland was one of two airmen who died supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
Boil water advisory issued in parts of Lancaster
- Parts of Lancaster are under a boil water advisory.
Mayor Gray appoints Lexington business owner Hensley to serve 12th District
- Lexington Mayor Jim Gray has tapped businessman Russ Hensley to serve as the city's 12th District councilman.
More WKYT Top Stories