Man pleads guilty to charges from deadly Pulaski crash
Updated: 6:24 PM
- William Wesley pleaded guilty to manslaughter and criminal mischief charges from the crash that killed a 19-year-old high school senior on his way home from work.
Family says contractor scammed them out of $11,000
Updated: 6:21 PM
- A Lexington family says a man claimed to be a private contractor, but ended up scamming them out of more than $10,000.
Police arrest one of Lexington's most wanted
Updated: 1:02 PM
- Police say the man who stole a family's car, tried to run over the wife and then stabbed the husband has been arrested.
No. 12 Kentucky women edge Florida, 75-70
Updated: 7:04 PM
- Kentucky (23-7) advanced to Saturday's semifinals for the fifth straight year.
Middlesboro Middle School student stabbed in leg at school
Posted: 6:45 PM
- Police say a Middlesboro Middle School student is facing charges for stabbing another student in the leg at school.
General Dynamics in Corbin announces layoffs
Posted: 6:05 PM
- Many employees were notified today and others will be notified on Monday.
Man convicted of gruesomely killing Boyle Co. native
Updated: 6:19 PM
- It was a violent and horrific crime--a Danville native beaten and strangled inside her New York City apartment. This week, justice for her family as a jury convicted her ex-boyfriend for her murder.
Ousted Lancaster mayor gets job back after ruling
Updated: 6:20 PM
- The city council voted her out, but on Friday an ousted mayor learned she'll soon be back on the job.
City council wants Barbourville mayor removed from office
Updated: 6:20 PM
- The Barbourville City Council wrote a letter outlining eleven reasons why they want Mayor David Thompson removed from office.
House Speaker says budget cuts to higher education likely
Updated: 2:06 PM
- Greg Stumbo told reporters Friday morning he expects the House to approve a budget that would included cuts to higher education that Governor Beshear proposed.
Marcum murder trial set for March 17th
Posted: 12:50 PM
- A defendant in a high-profile murder case out of Madison County was in court today for a pre-trial hearing.
Christina Marcum is charged with murder in the 2011 death of Angela Frazier-Singleton.
Her trial was supposed to start this week, but it was pushed back to later this month.
A Lexington man brings sled hockey to Lexington
Posted: 3:05 PM
- One of the most popular sports of the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, Russia is sled hockey. WKYT's Amber Philpott got the chance to try the unfamiliar sport and introduces us to a Lexington man on a mission to bring sled hockey to the the bluegrass.
Intense search for escaped patient on I-64
Posted: 5:14 PM
- Multiple police officers came out to help search for the man.
Ky.'s jobless rate drops in January
Posted: 5:03 PM
- Kentucky's unemployment rate has inched downward, dropping to 7.7 percent in January.
Bill bans gas chambers for animal deaths
Posted: 4:37 PM
- Kentucky animal shelters could not use gas chambers to euthanize dogs, cats and other animals under a bill that passed the House of Representatives on Friday.
Calipari doesn't believe his team is done.
Updated: 7:06 PM
- Are the Cats done? John Calipari doesn't think so as he takes his team to Gainesville Saturday to face No.1 ranked Florida.
More WKYT Top Stories