Suspected burglar dies in chimney after resident lights fire
Posted: 7:03 AM
- Authorities said a homeowner heard someone scream after lighting a fire in his fireplace Saturday.
Funeral today for teenager found dead in car
Updated: 5:23 AM
- A Lexington teenager who was murdered one week ago, will be laid to rest Monday.
Southern Ky. crashes back up interstate traffic throughout busy travel day
- Crashes along
Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey's 2015-16 winter forecast
- The cold has finally hit and WKYT’s Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey said to expect the unexpected when it comes to preparing for this year’s winter weather.
Micah Harris' Forecast: More soggy days ahead
Posted: 5:53 AM
- More rain in the forecast for today and tomorrow then the cooler air moves in place.
Whitley Co. I-75 crash victim identified
- One person was killed and several others injured after an accident near Williamsburg Sunday morning.
State agency approves acquisition of Public Gas Co.
Posted: 5:58 AM
- Kentucky Frontier Gas LLC is expanding again with the purchase of Public Gas Co.
UK QB Patrick Towles plans to transfer from Kentucky
- Kentucky's redshirt-junior quarterback Patrick Towles has announced that he will be transferring out of the UK football program.
Fundraiser held for Daniel Ellis and John Mackey
- As the families of Richmond Police Officer, Daniel Ellis, and Jessamine County Paramedic, John Mackey, continue to deal with the tragic deaths of their loved ones, people in the bluegrass are letting them know they are not alone.
State Police investigating rollover crash in Powell County
- Kentucky State Police are investigating a crash that injured several people in Powell County.
Obama visits site of Paris concert attack
- President Barack Obama has paid a late-night tribute to those killed in the terrorist attacks in Paris two weeks ago, shortly after his arrival for climate talks in the French capital.
Police: Bus overturns, 1 serious injury, 34 minor injuries
- Virginia State Police say a chartered bus carrying 51 people, mostly college students, has overturned near Richmond and one person has been seriously injured and 34 others suffered minor injuries.
University of Chicago cancels Monday classes after threat
- The University of Chicago is cancelling all classes and activities on its main campus Monday following an online threat of gun violence.
Fire destroys Taco Bell in Pike County
- Firefighters in Pike County are investigating a fire at a fast food restaurant.
Firefighters investigating deadly fire in western Kentucky
- Firefighters in western Kentucky are trying to figure out what caused a deadly fire.
Lexington laundromat broken into overnight
- Lexington Police are searching for the person responsible for breaking into a laundromat early Sunday morning.
Police arrest Pike County inmate who escaped from custody
- Police in eastern Kentucky are looking for a man, they say, escaped from their custody.
Police: shots fired near Lexington restaurant
- Police are investigating after someone fired shots near a Lexington restaurant.
More WKYT Top Stories