Fire destroys Georgetown family's home, arson suspected
Updated: 7:02 PM
- Deidra Roberts, the Georgetown mother of a two year old and three year old, no longer has a home after a fire tore it apart. She says they couldn't afford renter's insurance and are depending on the community to help.
Nearly 400 cameras on campus help UK police fight crime
- With a network of nearly 400 cameras around UK's campus, police say they're able to track crimes and possibly even provide virtual escorts.
Lexington runners ready for second run in Boston Marathon
- They're not letting terror slow them down. Monday, runners will gather for the annual Boston Marathon.
Bryant University cracks down on selfies at graduation
- Rhode Island's Bryant University is asking students to resist the urge to take selfies with its president while receiving their diplomas.
Second wave of milder flu hitting Northeast
Updated: 9:40 AM
- A second, milder wave of flu is hitting the Northeast.
Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- Officials say a Delta Air Lines plane on a flight from Detroit to Denver reported an unspecified potential security threat and taxied to a remote area after landing safely at Denver International Airport.
Firefighters escort comrade's body home to McCreary County
- A mother and volunteer firefighter made her final ride home Friday afternoon, with the help of fellow firefighters.
First lady, Jill Biden to visit Fort Campbell
- First lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden are scheduled to visit Fort Campbell next week to speak with soldiers and their families at a jobs and career fair.
Three wolves escape from wildlife refuge in Jessamine Co.
- An unusual escape put people living near a Jessamine County wildlife refuge on edge.
"Living Crucifix" on display in Mercer Co.
- Three men dressed in biblical costumes displayed a depiction of the religious Good Friday on the corner of Highway 68 and 127 this afternoon.
Michaels hack affects 3 million customers
- The largest US crafts chain is releasing details of a security breach.
Third student arrested for arson on UK campus
- UK Police have arrested a third student in a campus arson case.
Scott Co. Schools on lockdown after gunshot noise
- Anne Mason, Royal Spring, Scott County Middle, Scott County High, and the 9th Grade School all went into lockdown after a students reported hearing gunshots nearby.
Lincoln Co. brothers found guilty of sex crimes
- A jury finds two brothers guilty of sex crimes. For one of them, jurors recommend more than 200 years in prison.
Fayette Mall unveils three additional retailers to join expansion
- Fayette Mall announced the names of three more stores that will open as part of its expansion into the space that was once a Sears department space.
Franklin Sheriff urges special session to pass heroin bill
- Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton sent a letter to the Governor Steve Beshear, urging him to call a special session to pass heroin legislation.
Gas prices up 30 cents as holiday weekend begins
- The Kentucky average for a gallon of regular gasoline is $3.72, which is significantly higher than the national average of $3.66.
More News Headlines