Study: Fuels from corn waste not better than gas
Updated: 7:17 PM
- A study paid for by the federal government says biofuels made from the leftovers of harvested corn plants are worse than gasoline for global warming in the short term.
Lost Union Army soldier honored with memorial
Posted: 1:10 PM
- Kentucky Veterans Cemetery-Central in Radcliff recently honored the sacrifice of Burrell L. Strange Sr., dedicating a headstone in his memory.
Eastern Ky. University to be tobacco-free campus
Updated: 9:22 PM
- Eastern Kentucky University's Board of Regents has approved a tobacco-free campus policy.
Fracking foes cringe as unions back drilling boom
Updated: 12:53 PM
- After early complaints that out-of-state firms got the most jobs, some local construction workers and union members in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia say they're now benefiting in a big way from the Marcellus and Utica Shale fracking boom.
'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
Posted: 12:27 PM
- Captain America continues to vanquish box office foes, triumphing in ticket sales for the third consecutive week and beating formidable contender Johnny Depp.
Divers find bodies in sunken ferry; transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
Posted: 11:36 AM
- Divers finally have found a way into the ferry that sunk off South Korea's southern shore and begun the grim task of recovering bodies.
UK fan fulfills promise, gets Willie Cauley-Stein tattoo
- Earlier this week, we told you about Michael Gray -- a UK fan who promised Willie Cauley-Stein that if he returned to Kentucky next season, he'd get a special tattoo.
National Guard members return home for Easter
- Just a day ago more than a dozen members of the National Guard stationed in Afghanistan found out they would be back in the Bluegrass for Easter.
Stray bullet goes into Lexington home
- Lexington Police are looking for the people involved in a shooting that caused a bullet to go through a window and into a home.
Midway waiving fees for Mid-Continent transfers
- Midway College is waiving admission application fees and offering other resources for students who want to transfer from Mid-Continent University.
Taxes, minimum wage top issues in November
- Kentucky's 2014 elections will be more than just Democrats vs. Republicans: It will be the minimum wage vs. taxes.
Kentucky academic standards to get review
- Kentucky residents will get a chance to review state academic standards later this year and suggest changes.
Fire destroys Georgetown family's home, arson suspected
- Deidra Roberts, the Georgetown mother of a two year old and three year old, no longer has a home after a fire tore it apart. She says they couldn't afford renter's insurance and are depending on the community to help.
Nearly 400 cameras on campus help UK police fight crime
- With a network of nearly 400 cameras around UK's campus, police say they're able to track crimes and possibly even provide virtual escorts.
Lexington runners ready for second run in Boston Marathon
- They're not letting terror slow them down. Monday, runners will gather for the annual Boston Marathon.
Bryant University cracks down on selfies at graduation
- Rhode Island's Bryant University is asking students to resist the urge to take selfies with its president while receiving their diplomas.
Second wave of milder flu hitting Northeast
- A second, milder wave of flu is hitting the Northeast.
More News Headlines