Passenger charged after crash injures multiple people
Updated: 9:26 PM
- Lexington Police say the passenger grabbed the steering wheel during the argument, causing the crash.
General Dynamics in Corbin announces layoffs
Posted: 6:05 PM
- Many employees were notified today and others will be notified on Monday.
Man convicted of gruesomely killing Boyle Co. native
Updated: 6:19 PM
- It was a violent and horrific crime--a Danville native beaten and strangled inside her New York City apartment. This week, justice for her family as a jury convicted her ex-boyfriend for her murder.
City council wants Barbourville mayor removed from office
Updated: 6:20 PM
- The Barbourville City Council wrote a letter outlining eleven reasons why they want Mayor David Thompson removed from office.
Family says contractor scammed them out of $11,000
Updated: 6:21 PM
- A Lexington family says a man claimed to be a private contractor, but ended up scamming them out of more than $10,000.
Intense search for escaped patient on I-64
Posted: 5:14 PM
- Multiple police officers came out to help search for the man.
No. 12 Kentucky women edge Florida, 75-70
Updated: 7:04 PM
- Kentucky (23-7) advanced to Saturday's semifinals for the fifth straight year.
Ousted Lancaster mayor gets job back after ruling
Updated: 6:20 PM
- The city council voted her out, but on Friday an ousted mayor learned she'll soon be back on the job.
Ky.'s jobless rate drops in January
Posted: 5:03 PM
- Kentucky's unemployment rate has inched downward, dropping to 7.7 percent in January.
Bill bans gas chambers for animal deaths
Posted: 4:37 PM
- Kentucky animal shelters could not use gas chambers to euthanize dogs, cats and other animals under a bill that passed the House of Representatives on Friday.
A Lexington man brings sled hockey to Lexington
Posted: 3:05 PM
- One of the most popular sports of the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, Russia is sled hockey. WKYT's Amber Philpott got the chance to try the unfamiliar sport and introduces us to a Lexington man on a mission to bring sled hockey to the the bluegrass.
Man pleads guilty to charges from deadly Pulaski crash
Updated: 6:24 PM
- William Wesley pleaded guilty to manslaughter and criminal mischief charges from the crash that killed a 19-year-old high school senior on his way home from work.
Marcum murder trial set for March 17th
Posted: 12:50 PM
- A defendant in a high-profile murder case out of Madison County was in court today for a pre-trial hearing.
Christina Marcum is charged with murder in the 2011 death of Angela Frazier-Singleton.
Her trial was supposed to start this week, but it was pushed back to later this month.
Size Records giving songs for free via Google Play
Posted: 10:40 AM
- International DJ-producer Steve Angello is giving away his record label's entire catalog with the help of Google Play.
Facebook expands server farm in Sweden
Posted: 10:34 AM
- Facebook plans to build a new data center at its server farm in northern Sweden, less than a year after opening the plant, its first outside the United States.
Fort Knox installs first female commander
Posted: 10:23 AM
- Brig. Gen. Peggy C. Combs has become the first female to take command over Fort Knox and U.S. Army Cadet Command.
Bill would let Paul run for 2 offices at same time
Posted: 7:59 AM
- Rand Paul's biggest political decision is approaching: whether to run for president in 2016 or focus solely on re-election to his U.S. Senate seat. A Republican lawmaker from his home state wants to free him from the potential dilemma by letting him run for both.
More News Headlines