Crime Tracker Top Stories
Crime Tracker Headlines
Police searching for bank robbers in Spencer County
- Police have released surveillance pictures showing a robbery at a Kentucky bank.
New leads in Hardin County cold case double murder
- The investigation into an unsolved 1998 double homicide is gaining momentum in Hardin County.
Laurel County robbery suspect turns himself in
- A man investigators say robbed his own brother, at a gas station, has been arrested.
Lexington Police arrest suspect in two morning robberies
- On Wednesday afternoon, Lexington Police arrested a man suspected in two early morning robberies.
Police arrest 18 in Laurel County drug roundup
- State police say a nearly year-long drug investigation has led to 18 arrests in Laurel County.
Lexington gas station robbed at gunpoint
- Police are searching for a man who robbed a Lexington gas station at gunpoint Tuesday evening.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's crime hot spot
- Police say 30 percent of the arrests made in last week's "Operation Transformation" were inside or on the property of the M&M Grocery.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's crime 'Made in Detroit'
- "The profits that are made down south are double, triple what can be made up here. The gangs know that and they go down there to try to exploit that," Lyle Dungy explained.
WKYT Investigates: An insider's take on Lexington's crime wave
- Brannon Dunn says he's a product of his environment. He grew up in the east end of Lexington which is now considered the city's hotspot for crime.
WKYT Investigates: The revolving door for criminals
- "A very small percentage of the criminals commit the vast majority of crime," said Ray Larson, Fayette County's top prosecutor. Larson said those criminals are the winners of a "catch and release" stance, or soft approach, on crime.
Most Wanted: Hunt for suspect in Lexington murder
- Officials say Anthony Carter was shot on Chestnut Street in Lexington on June 11. Police said he was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries. Officials said not long after the shooting, police started getting statements from witnesses who saw Jefferey Morris in an argument with the victim before the shooting. They then saw him leaving the scene on a bicycle.
Louisville food vendor charged in slaying back to selling
- A Louisville hot dog vendor who is free on bond after being charged with murder in a suspected case of road rage has returned to selling hot dogs at his long-time perch in front of the courthouse.
Georgetown Police look for motel robbers with unique disguise
- We're tracking the search for two men police say robbed a central Kentucky motel. And one of them had an unusual disguise.
Kids charged in ice cream truck robbery & four burglaries
- We've learned more about a crime spree in a Lexington neighborhood. Police say they've charged four children for the crimes.
Lexington hotel robbery suspect still on the loose
- Police need your help tracking down a man, they say, robbed a Lexington hotel overnight.
Man robs Anderson County gas station at gunpoint
- The robbery happened just before 2:30 p.m. Friday at the Parkway Marathon on U.S. 127.
One man killed, two injured in Pike Co. shooting
- Police are continuing to investigate a deadly shooting in Pike County.
Nine-month drug probe in Lexington ends in 55 arrests
- Calling it a major step in dealing with a recent crime wave, Lexington Police say a nine-month investigation dubbed “Operation Transformation” resulted in 55 arrests.
Man steals medicine in robbery at Lexington Meijer pharmacy
- The robbery happened around 9 p.m. Thursday inside the Meijer in Hamburg.
Domestic dispute ends in stabbing, shooting in Owsley County
- We've learned new details about an attack at an eastern Kentucky home that left two people injured.
More Crime Tracker Headlines