Child Playing With Lighter Starts House Fire

A Lexington family is safe after officials say a young child accidentally started a fire at their home.

It happened around three Tuesday afternoon on Stanford Drive.

Fire officials say a three year old boy was playing with a lighter, which caused the fire.

He and his family were able to get out safely.

The fire damaged several rooms inside the home.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous Location: Lexington, Ky on Oct 24, 2007 at 07:37 AM
    The lighter was found under the couch after being lost/dropped. It was stick lighter, not a cigarette lighter. The church is Master's Church.
  • by Casey Location: Lex on Oct 24, 2007 at 07:25 AM
    What was a 3 year old doing playing with a lighter?
  • by Anonymous Location: KY on Oct 23, 2007 at 08:42 PM
    WHY IN THE WORLD WOLD SOMEONE LEAVE A LIGHTER LYING AROUND WERE A CHILD COULD GET TO IT. I'M SORRY THEY LOSS THEIR HOME BUT MY GOODNESS USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE...
  • by concerned Location: Lexington on Oct 23, 2007 at 04:17 PM
    Does anyone know if they need additional help and/or how to contact them? The story said their church was helping - does anyone know what church?

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 10749956 - wkyt.com/a?a=10749956
Gray Television, Inc.