Another Lexington Bank Robbery

It happened again for the fourth time this week. Lexington police are investigating another bank robbery.

This time, it was the Fifth Third Bank on Nicholasville Road in the Regency Center.

Police say just before 11 o clock this morning, a man walked into the bank, placed a blue bag on the counter, and demanded cash from one of the tellers.

Investigators say he took off running behind the bank into the shopping center.

Police are searching with canines for the suspect, but have not been able to catch up with him yet.

Investigators say the suspect is described as a white male in his 20’s, 6’2”-6’3”, 160-170 pounds, with short brown hair and an unshaven face. The suspect was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt with the words “Kentucky” across the chest, a dark ball cap and baggy jeans.

Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to please contact the Personal Crimes Section at (859) 258-3700 or Bluegrass Crime Stoppers at (859) 253-2020.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Jim Location: Lexington on Nov 16, 2007 at 01:19 PM
    Wow, it must be easy to rob a bank in Lexington, or anywhere for that matter, because they hardly ever catch them. No wonder people are doing it more and more, cause from what KYT said yesterday, only 6 of 20 have arrests been made this year. That means there's a 75% chance you'll get away with it. With as much money as banks rape from their customers, you'd think they'd have hidden cameras all over the place that can't be avoided by the robber so that we can identify them, and raise that 25% arrest rate to a 100% arrest rate. They also never have cameras in the lot. Attach them to the building on the outside all the way around, so that they can't be seen. I bet they'd catch more robbers putting their mask on or off in the parking lot. DUH!
  • by Zatoichi Location: Richmond on Nov 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM
    Since they opened that new Famous Bank-Robbers School the graduates sure have been busy applying for jobs.
  • by peggy Location: ky on Nov 15, 2007 at 09:39 AM
    wait & see... someone will blame the high gas prices again...or the holidays.People,it's simply that these people are jerks wanting something for nothing.The laws are not tough enough-for any crimes.Too many liberals jump in and want to cry about the 'rights' of these useless to society people.


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11352631 -
Gray Television, Inc.