Man's Body Found In Burned Apartment

Lexington fire officials say a man has died in an overnight apartment fire.

The fire started on Central Avenue in a garage that was converted into an apartment.

Thomas Reed Allen did not make it out in time. His dog also died in the fire.

Investigators do not suspect foul play, but officials say they are still looking into the fire's cause.

The coroner says Allen died from carbon monoxide poisoning.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Steve Location: Lexington on Nov 29, 2007 at 08:16 PM
    The neighbor said the guy kept talking about his heat not working, or that the converted garage was incorrectly heated. This is PRECISELY why Lexington code enforcement should crack down on these slum-lords and stop them from renting substandard housing to people. This guy probably died only because his landlord was a piece of trash who didn't want to put in an extra baseboard heater to heat the place, so the guy died using his stove or fireplace to heat it. How shameful and I think if this proves to be true, the landlord should face criminal charges for it.

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11911836 - wkyt.com/a?a=11911836
Gray Television, Inc.