A fire at Punjab, an Indian food restaurant, kept Richmond firefighters busy for several hours Sunday afternoon.
An employee tells 27 NEWSFIRST she and fifteen others were inside the restaurant when she noticed smoke coming from the ceiling.
Firefighters responded within minutes, but the winds fanned the flames making the fire hard to contain. In the end, the building is considered a total loss.
One firefighter was treated for minor burn injuries to the face.
Firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen, but they don't know the exact cause. They say the fire has been ruled as an accident.