Mercer County Family Loses Everything In Fire

By: Andy Cunningham Email
By: Andy Cunningham Email

An early morning fire leaves a Mercer County family homeless.

Firefighters responded to a house fire at 316 Barr Street, shortly before 1 am Monday morning.

Investigators say the Baker family's Christmas tree fell onto the kerosene tank, starting the fire.

There were no injuries, and everyone made it out safely.

But, the family says they lost everything in fire, including the children's Christmas presents.

The Baker's have two children, with two more on the way.

If you would like to help the Baker family, you can donate toys, clothing and bedding to the Harrodsburg American Red Cross and the Harrodsburg Fire Department, in care of the Joey Baker family.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12804502 -
Gray Television, Inc.