Alert Neighbor Wakes Up Family From Burning Home

A century-old home in Harrison County is in ruins after fire swept through it.

The fire broke out just before eight Tuesday morning on Wilson Avenue in Cynthiana.

A woman and her son were sleeping inside at the time. A neighbor walking his dog noticed the flames and woke them up by knocking on the door.

Both were able to escape.

Firefighters think the fire was caused by a gas heater in the bathroom.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Tom on Jan 29, 2008 at 05:01 PM
    Endora was hot in an older kinda gal way but she could not fix the defect in either of the Darrens.
  • by Jerry on Jan 29, 2008 at 10:05 AM
    And Darren and Samantha on Bewitched thought Gladys Kravitz was just nosey...good thing the neighbor was there.

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 14767447 - wkyt.com/a?a=14767447
Gray Television, Inc.