Crews Put Out Fire At Lexington Apartment Complex

Fire crews in Lexington rushed to a report of an apartment fire on Friday morning.

Someone reported seeing smoke coming from the roof of the Patchen Apartments off Richmond Road at around 9:30.

Firefighters say the fire started in a furnace room and quickly spread into the attic.

Firefighters say they are lucky someone spotted the smoke when they did because if the fire had spread through the attic, it could have heavily damaged the entire building.

No one was in the apartment at the time, but crews did rescue two dogs from the room.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Phil Location: lexington on Mar 9, 2008 at 02:58 PM
    Glad the dogs were rescued, too bad the story sucks.
  • by Can't say Location: No comment on Mar 7, 2008 at 07:20 PM
    Patchen Place Apartments again? Carbon monoxide leaks caused from the antique Janitrol furnaces have been a problem in the past and now a fire. The new owners (or owner of the week) need to replace those old 1973 furnaces so management and maintenance can tell the truth and sleep at night, and the residents don't have to fear carbon monoxide poisoning and fires.

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16383961 - wkyt.com/a?a=16383961
Gray Television, Inc.