Caregiver Rescues Couple From Burning Home

A caregiver is being called a hero after rescuing an elderly couple from their burning home in Henry County.

Michelle Downs says she was working in the kitchen of the home, when she noticed the couch was on fire.

The elderly man she worked for was sitting on it. "The whole couch was on fire around him. And I just dropped everything and ran in there, and grabbed him, and threw him outside," said Downs.

The elderly woman who lived in the home was still trapped in the house upstairs. Downs ran back into the home, which was filled with smoke and flames, and pulled that woman to safety.

Police think a cigarette sparked the fire.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16483651 -
Gray Television, Inc.