WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News

Students in UK dorm evacuated because of dryer fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Students had to be evacuated from a dorm at the University of Kentucky Tuesday night because of a dryer fire.

The fire broke out just after 6 p.m. at the Kirwan 1 dorm on Woodland Avenue.

Firefighters say someone put too many clothes in a dryer in the basement of the dorm, and that sparked the fire.

Smoke then filled the basement, so the dorm was evacuated as a precaution. Firefighters say no one was hurt, and they moved the dryer out of the building.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 226056691 - wkyt.com/a?a=226056691
Gray Television, Inc.