Fire Marshal: Electrical Problems Cause Of Fatal Pikeville Blaze

The State Fire Marshal says they've determined the cause of a deadly apartment fire in Pikeville last week.

Investigators say it was electrical. They say it started in wiring in the wall of the living room where the victims lived. 41 year old Tammy Lockhart and her 17 year old son Justin died in the fire. Others left homeless tell us they are now staying in the Holiday Inn in Pikeville while they continue to look for new places to live.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Brad Location: Chloe on Jul 15, 2008 at 08:16 PM
    fire marshalls are very inexpensive when building and renovating. A couple hundred goes a long way.
  • by DR Location: KY on Jul 15, 2008 at 09:45 AM
    So where does the blame fall concerning a situation such as this,I would think the landlord because its supposed to be his or her job to make sure the wiring is up to date correct,or is there any random checking of rental property by the fire marshall or inspectors.It is just so tragic that 2 lifes are lost because of negligance on someones part.

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 25451319 - wkyt.com/a?a=25451319
Gray Television, Inc.