Investigators believe a gas leak may have caused a home to explode in Scott County.
Fire crews were called to a home on Sharp Road near Stamping Ground around 3:00 Wednesday afternoon. When they arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames; part of it had already collapsed.
Fire crews tell us no one lived in the home.
Fire investigators say a propane tank is the likely cause of the blast. People living in the neighborhood tell us the explosion could be felt more than a mile away.
The owner says he does not have insurance and does not plan to rebuild on the property.