Investigators: Gas Heater Started Deadly House Fire

Autopsies were performed Friday on a Jackson County couple who died in a house fire.

Their home in Sand Gap went up in flames early Thursday morning.

79-year old Geraldine Lunsford was trapped inside and died at the scene.

Family members were able to rescue 77-year-old Riccie Gobel from the burning home.

He was airlifted from the scene but later died at UK Hospital.

Fire investigators suspect a gas heater started the fire and say there is no foul play suspected.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 25636604 - wkyt.com/a?a=25636604
Gray Television, Inc.