Lexington Strip Club Catches Fire

By: Andy Cunningham Email
By: Andy Cunningham Email

Just before 10:00 p.m. Monday, Lexington firefighters responded to a call of a fire at the Deja Vu nightclub on New Circle Road.

Upon arrival, flames were visible from the front of the building.

The fire was contained to the outside of the building. However, heavy smoke filled the club and forced the evacuation of everyone inside.

One witness told 27 NEWSFIRST, no one really knew what was going on until firefighters came into the building, telling everyone to get out because the building was on fire.

"People were panicking and screaming and their was so much smoke inside the building. We all started running outside. One girl fell down in front of me. It was just wild," said Brandon Stewart, a witness.

There were no reports of any injuries. It's believed a short in electrical wiring caused the fire.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Billy on Jul 26, 2008 at 12:59 AM
    It is sad when something like this happens and the wonderful bible-beaters start to preach to the public. If you were half as righteous as you people pretend to be, you wouldn't go around making false judgements about people that you have never met, nor would you impose your opinions (fallible in their essence) on others. Religious people make my life fun as a result of their ignornace to most everything.
  • by Marla Location: Lexington on Jul 23, 2008 at 06:33 PM
    you know, the fire wasn't as harmful as it could have been, but it could have injured innocent people. and a potentionally harmful situation, no matter where it happens at, is worth reporting. dancers are regular people like anyone else (i should know, i am one) who are just going to work and trying to make a living. and there's nothing wrong with visiting an adult club, especially if you're an adult with free will. if this fire had been anywhere else those of you that have posted negative comments wouldn't have been so judgemental, i'm sure. and wouldn't have made light of a serious situation. where's the christian charity, eh?
  • by LOL on Jul 23, 2008 at 10:06 AM
    Way to let your light shine "anonymous"
  • by Bubba Location: Stanford on Jul 23, 2008 at 07:21 AM
    Never been there. Never will. But I certainly don't hold a grudge against those that visit and those that work there. I am happy no one was injured.
  • by Question Location: Lex on Jul 22, 2008 at 10:48 PM
    Why do you people care what goes on there? If you don't want to use their services stay home! That's all you have to do.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 22, 2008 at 09:21 PM
    I agree with you Greg. The people that go there need to have God in there lives. It's never too late!
  • by Carrie Location: Lexington on Jul 22, 2008 at 03:36 PM
    I'm glad no one was hurt. There are employees and visitors there that could have been injured. Remember, jobs are hard to find right now.
  • by Ransom Location: Lexington on Jul 22, 2008 at 02:17 PM
    It seems like I remember this happening before...
  • by janice Location: london on Jul 22, 2008 at 01:49 PM
    what a shame, NOT!
  • by nancy Location: lexington on Jul 22, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    too bad it didn't burn it to the ground !
  • Page:

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 25743699 - wkyt.com/a?a=25743699
Gray Television, Inc.