We now know what started a fire at a Richmond factory.
It broke out at Enersys on the Richmond Bypass early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters say the fire was caused by hot embers from a piece of equipment that maintenance workers were working on. Those embers caught a box of protective clothing on fire.
The company makes batteries.
The fire caused a special response by firefighters because they say hazardous materials are inside the factory.
The building was evacuated.
The damage was confined to a chemical storage area, as well as to some equipment stored there. Firefighters estimate the damage at around ten thousand dollars.