Spider Extermination May Have Caused Fire

Lexington firefighters think an attempt to get rid of spiders may have sparked an early Monday morning fire.

Most of the damage was contained to the outside of the home on Tennessee Avenue, off Winchester Road.

Firefighters say someone tried using hair spray and a lighter to kill some spiders outside the home.

Investigators say the fluid and heat went under the siding of the home and ignited about two hours later.

The inside of the home wasn't damaged.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Zatoichi Location: Richmond on Aug 5, 2008 at 03:44 AM
    I always use my Army suplus flame-thrower to clear out the pesky spiders and bed bugs. Turns em into krispy kritters.
  • by Peggy Location: KY on Aug 4, 2008 at 03:52 PM
    WOW! How embarrassing for the person who had the 'idea' to do this and now it's ended up on WKYT! Bless their hearts.

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 26239064 - wkyt.com/a?a=26239064
Gray Television, Inc.