Two London Businesses Destroyed By Fire

Fire crews from six different departments battled a fire at the US 80 Auto Paint and Custom Accessory business in southern Kentucky.

The business is located next to North Laurel High School at the intersection of the Hal Rogers Parkway and Morentown Road, near downtown London.

A worker a the business tells 27 NEWSFIRST that the company was storing paint and other flammable supplies in a back room while doing some remodeling work.

It's his belief that the paint fumes somehow ignited starting the fire, although fire officials say they're not sure how it started.

The worker says he ran next door to J and M Auto Body, which is connected to his business, to tell them to leave immediately.

Within minutes, both companies were on fire. Luckily, everyone got out OK, but the businesses were burnt to the ground.

Both owners say they plan to rebuild.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Chad Location: Independence on Aug 23, 2008 at 07:53 AM
    I think the economy is good! Don't know what folks are complaining about! Just be glad you don't live anywhere in Europe! Over there gas is $10.00 dollars per gallon, food is expensive, taxes are high, and they have been that way for years. Many live in shanty slum like apartments and thats just the way it is. Yes they have free health care but believe me they pay a hefty price for it! There taxed out of their gord! As for the fire, it sounds more accidental to me. Not economy related. Good Day!
  • by Karl on Aug 22, 2008 at 07:44 PM
    this economy is so bad any kind of fire could happen....anytime...
  • by robyn Location: buckhorn on Aug 22, 2008 at 06:38 PM
    I drove by today as the fire was bursting into flames and I am so glad that everyone got out safely. God Bless and take care
  • by shawn Location: lonon kentucky on Aug 22, 2008 at 06:32 PM
    i heard the fire engines from my classroom window the fire was crazy because they was out there for like 2 class periods


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 27275764 -
Gray Television, Inc.